Anisa DokuLead Teacher
This is my fourteenth year with International Montessori School Albania (IMSA) and I have seen many babies growing, developing and mastering the required skills for this group age. I am a mother of three kids and working with little children is what I love most. I grew up in Tirana where I studied Math at the University of Tirana. I found my true passion in early childhood education when I became a mother myself. During my time in the USA, I had the opportunity to explore the early childhood education and since then, I have worked in many pre-schools in the USA and Albania. Since I joined IMSA, I have become very fond of the Montessori method. I am a trained and certified Montessori teacher and together with my assistant teachers we help little humans master their life skills.
Our youngest learners are nurtured and encouraged to explore the world around them with a structured day to help them feel comfortable and to create reassuring familiarity.
- Age: nine months to age two
- Staff-to-Infant ratio: 1:4
- CLass name: Ladybug and Butterflies
Our five distinct learning areas:
These activities teach children life skills such as spooning, pouring and washing etc
The language materials develop and enrich a child’s language and vocabulary
Teachers sing songs with the children to encourage listening and dancing
Art exercises in the infant community include scribbling, chalk, paint and clay
Our Infants' daily program is structured so that the children can follow and feel comfortable with a familiar routine
- 08:15 – 09.00 - Children arrive in the classroom and eat breakfast
- 09:00 - 10:15 - Work cycle. Teachers and assistants give individual and group lessons to students. The children have uninterrupted work time with Montessori materials. Individual snacks are available to the children during the morning.
- 10:15 - 11:00 - Outdoor playtime
- On Monday: Dance 10:00 - 10:30
- On Friday: Cooking
- 11:15 - 11:45- Lunch
- 12:15 - 15:00 - All children rest and are given the opportunity to sleep
- 15:00 - 15:30 - Outdoor playtime and snacks
- 15:30 - 16:00 - Students are dismissed
- 16:00 - 17:30 - Aftercare is available to families needing additional care upon additional payment